Pennsylvania Rails to Trails - http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/rails/index.html
Keystone Trails Association - Hiking - http://www.pennaweb.com/kta/
At Raystown Lake:
Creek - (state park) An extensive hiking and bridle trail system has been developed for people to explore the
park on foot or by horseback. Riding horse rentals are not available in the area.
- The Hillside Nature Trail
- The Old Logger's Trail
- The Riverside Nature trail (located below the dam).
- For the hardiest of souls, the 18 mile long Terrace Mountain
Trail offers unparalleled rewards with spectacular views of the
lake and a hushed solitude.
Furnace (state park)
Buffalo (state park) Little Buffalo has approximately 8 miles of hiking trails. Sturdy footwear is recommended because of rocky footing on some of the trails.
- The Link Trail is a rugged 65-mile hike that links the Tuscarora Trail near Cowans Gap State Park
with the Mid State Trail via the Greenwood Spur.
- The Tuscarora Trail intersects the Appalachian Trail in Perry County, Pennsylvania and in Virginia.
- Detailed trail guides may be purchased at the gift shop in Greenwood Furnace Visitor Center.
Gap (state park) Reeds Gap State Park offers excellent opportunities for enjoyable exercise and nature
study. A walk on the 1.8 mile red-blazed Honey Creek Trail Loop often reveals wildlife signs or
- Little Buffalo Creek Trail , 1 mile, easy trail
- Exercise Trail, 1.2 mile, easy trail,
- Blue Ball Trail, .25 mile, easy trail, paved - This paved trail is ADA accessible from the East Picnic Area and runs to near the Blue Ball Tavern.
- Fishermans Trail, 1 mile, easy trail
- Mill Race Trail, .5 mile, easy trail
- Middle Ridge Trail, 2.5 miles, difficult trail
- Buffalo Ridge Trail, 1.5 mile, difficult trail
Creek (state park) -Approximately 12 miles of trails within the park and on adjacent state forest land attracts
many visitors. These trails provide various experiences from scenic vistas and cool stream hollows, to
hillside and ridge top walks. A very popular short hike is to cross the suspension bridge and follow
Rhododendron Trail to Rainbow Falls. Climb the steps along the waterfall, then on to Balanced Rock
and return the same way.
Path (state park) Approximately three miles of hiking trails and six miles of cross-country ski trails traverse through woods and field areas with the degree of difficulty ranging
from easy to moderate.
State Forest - Over 90,000 acres of state forest land located
in Huntingdon County provides wooded land for hunting, fishing,
snowmobiling, hiking and undeveloped recreation. For more information,
contact: Rothrock State Forest, Forest District 5, P.O. Box 403,
Huntingdon, PA 16652, telephone (814) 643-2340. More
The Keystone Trail
Association - is an alliance of organizations and individuals who share a common interest in hiking opportunities in Pennsylvania and
Forest Fire Protection -http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/ffp/ffp.htm